Nalli and Lentil Soup

I often feel lazy to chew and that's the biggest reason I end up making soups. This soup saved my bones, it is no myth. When I was diagnosed of severe calcium deficiency, fearing my bones would crack, my dearest husband prepared mutton chops soup almost every week. Now I can safely say It works to restore the strength in your bones from my own experience. Here is my version of Nalli Soup with lentils.



Ingredients:

  • 3 mutton chops (Use only the bones)
  • 1/4 cup of moong dal (soaked in water for about 10 mins)
  • 1/2 inch of ginger (thin slices)
  • 4 crushed garlic cloves
  • 2 tbsp of chopped coriander
  • 4 cups of water
  • 1 tsp of fennel seeds
  • Salt 
  • Pepper

Method:

  1. In a deep pan bring water to a boil.
  2. Toss all the ingredients except the seasoning.
  3. Pop-the lid and allow to cook for about 35-40 minutes on low heat.
  4. The lentils should be very soft and almost dissolved. Mash it well.
  5. Strain the soup, add salt and pepper.
  6. Serve with toast and a sunny side up :)