Masala Tea - Ginger and Elaichi

I can say I'm almost addicted to this hot drink, just love sipping it while I enjoy the chill breeze or watch the rains from the balcony. Yes, also helps me when I have the 'writers block' or 'numb' in the head. I'm sure lot of you agree with me how refreshing Tea really is. I've heard many of my friends say, 'I don't know how to make tea?', somehow it is assumed that everyone knows to brew coffee or tea but not necessarily.  

So here's to all my friends who wish to brew their own cup :) with of course a little punch of added flavours. 

MASALA TEA
















Ingredients:

1/4 tsp of crushed ginger
1- 2 crushed cardamom/ elaichi pods
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 - 3/4 tsp of tea powder (depending on how light/ dark you would like it to be)
1 tsp sugar

Method:

Boil milk and keep aside.
Now bring water to a roaring boil
Add the crushed ginger and cardamom pods to infuse the flavours first
Then toss in the tea powder. Let everything come to a boil for 30 seconds.
The colour should ideally be dark golden brown. 
Filter the tea into your cup. Pour the milk. 
Add sugar to your taste and mix well.
If you would like to make it frothy, like in every South Indian homes, take two glasses and pour the tea between the glasses from a good distance. be careful not to spill - could burn you! 

Happy sipping :) don't forget to make some chilli bonda pops to munch with it.