Drink Pink 1: Pomegranate and Beetroot

A detox drink is really important, I'm not a fanatic for diet plans but after I decided to try 'THE CLEAN' detox program by Alexjandro Junger, I changed my perception completely. If not everyday, I devote my time once in a week to make a healthy drink, soup or a snack.

Somehow I've found less gluten, eggs or dairy makes my tummy happy. I'm no expert, this is purely how it works for me. What I'm trying to say here is please listen to your body, pay close attention to the food that goes in and understand what makes you uncomfortable. This is the only way you can show you care about yourself and respect your body as it does have a mind of its own.

Having said that I must give due credit to my sister for this recipe that I have twisted a little.
































Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of pomegranate pearls
  • 1 cup of chopped beetroot
  • 1/2 inch of ginger
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 2-3 basil leaves
  • 1 tbsp of honey (optional)
  • 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice (optional)

Method:

  1. Blend the pomegranate and beetroot in the juicer along with ginger.
  2. Strain it to ensure it is free of any residue. Add water depending on how strong you want your pink drink to be.
  3. Add honey and lemon juice (this is optional), but I highly recommend it especially if you are a fan of punch and flavour.
  4. Serve it chilled and garnish with basil leaves.