Okra Pakora

I was out of onions and my tongue felt sad. I looked around and suddenly it sparked as I spotted that fresh green ladysfingers! Yes! Yes! Happiness is Okra Pakora! Quickly whisked the dish in 15 minutes in no time my daughter came along and we put on our favourite Disney movie Spirt and crunched it all away. I'm truly grateful for this day for having shared all the love and crunch with my sweet little daughter Abirami. 





















Ingredients:
  • 8-9 okras
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 1 tsp of vangibath powder
  • 1/4 tsp of lemon juice
  • 2 tbsps of gram flour
  • 2 tbsps of rice flour
  • pinch of ajwain
  • pinch of garam masala
  • ground nut oil to deep fry

Method:

  1. Make thin slices of the okra, marinate with salt and vangibath powder. Let it rest for a few minutes.
  2. In the meantime sieve the rice flour and gram flour. Mix well after adding the ajwain.
  3. Add this to the okra and mix gently till they are coated well. Do not add water.
  4. Heat the oil in a deep pan on medium flame. Fry the okras till light brown and place them on a paper towel.
  5. Serve it hot, Garnish with a little garam masala and lemon juice.