Pallavaram Prawn Fry

When I cooked this I only believed in magic more ! I started to add ingredients one by one not knowing how it is going to end, *poof* there it is that moment when I tasted and felt fireworks right inside my mouth.

I owe it to my sister-in-law's Amma, who is such an amazing woman, smart, brisk and brilliant with her ladle! She gave me a recipe that of course I twisted and luckily it turned out to be real good. So enjoy the magic show :)

PALLAVARAM PRAWN FRY


















Ingredients:

  • 250 gms of white prawns
  • 1 tbsp of fennel seeds/ saunf
  • 1 tbsp of jeera
  • 1/2 tbsp of pepper corns
  • 2 pods of cardamom
  • 1 tbsp of chopped ginger
  • 1 tbsp of garlic
  • 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder
  • 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 2 tbsp of groundnut oil
  • handful of curry leaves

Method:

  1. Grind fennel seeds, jeera, pepper, cardamom in a mixer with a little water. Add the ginger and garlic, continue to grind for a smooth paste.
  2. Heat oil in a wok, add curry leaves and let it crisp.
  3. Gently scoop out the masala into the wok and saute for 10 minutes on low flame.
  4. Add salt, turmeric and red chilli powder, mix well.
  5. Pop the prawns, stir gently as they coat with all the aromatic masala. Just in 5 minutes from now your dish will be ready to serve as a starter or mains with a loaf of bread, rice or chappathi.